Kristian Beckman Award
The Kristian Beckman Award was established in 1992 by IFIP Technical Committee 11 to commemorate the first chair of the committee, Kristian Beckman from Sweden, who was also responsible for promoting the founding of TC-11 in 1983.
This award is granted annually to a successful nominee and is presented at the annual IFIP Security Conference that is organised under the auspices of TC-11.
The objective of the award is to publicly recognise an individual, not a group or organisation, who has significantly contributed to the development of information security, especially achievements with an international perspective. However this particular requirement will not necessarily preclude nominations of those whose main achievements have been made on a national level.
IFIP Technical Committee 11 was honoured to announce this award to:
- Harold Highland, USA (1993, Toronto)
- Per Hoving, Sweden (1995, Cape Town)
- Sushil Jajodia, USA (1996, Samos)
- Donald Davies, UK (1997, Copenhagen)
- Richard Sizer, UK (1998, Vienna and Budapest)
- Willis W. Ware, USA (1999, Amsterdam)
- William Caelli, Australia (2002, Cairo)
- Roger Needham, UK (2003, Athens)
- Jean-Jacques Quisquater, Belgium (2004, Toulouse)
- William List, UK (2005, Chiba)
- Butler W. Lampson, USA (2006, Karlstad)
- Pierangela Samarati, Italy (2008, Milano)
- Klaus Brunnstein, Germany (2009, Pafos)
- Basie von Solms, South Africa (2010, Brisbane)
- Ann Cavoukian, Canada (2011, Lucerne)
- Yves Deswartes, France (2012, Hersonissos)
- Dorothy Elizabeth Denning (2013, Auckland)
- Louise Yngström, Sweden (2014, Marrakech)
- Ian Brown, UK (2015, Hamburg)